Monday, January 30, 2012

My School History

I recall the memories of when I was in Elementary school, myself. Oh how I loved those times! Truly, I held close to my heart, the thought of the tight-knit friendships of the people I was growing up with. We all were in one school, and together on the same level ... not like Junior high and High school, where everyone seems to vanish lol. I really cherished those happy times together with both students and teachers alike! Once 7th grade of Junior high came along, ... something happened to me that I thought never would. I decided to try out homeschooling (cyberschool to be exact). It was hard and dawning on me for the first couple months, as I was missing my friends and ...missing the Junior high experience. Our Elementary school didn't have lockers, stairs, several floors, periods, etc so therefore Junior high was a huge change.
Anyway, I made myself get over it and came to love homeschooling.

Over the years, I always stayed in touch with my 'old' friends the best I could. Then when I got a Facebook account, I got to see many of them ... in picture form, that is lol. It was amazing how everyone was growing up and changing in looks and directions so quickly. It was a shock at first, because I only knew their faces as they looked in Elementary school, then seeing those UTD pictures really was different haha! So many times I got asked and "begged" to come back to public school and I remained strong with my answer "No". I loved cyberschool and all of the apparent benefits and leisures that came with it; truly a far better experience. The only thing lacking, was perhaps social interaction. But having the personality that I do, I never minded being by myself .... heck I preferred it !! So I got along just fine :)

On the first day of 9th grade; high school. I tried my local school district's "New" cyberschool program, which allowed its students to participate in the public high school for just about anything...as if they were just normally attending public school. I was taking only 2 classes in the high school; Agricultural class (FFA) and Health class. Each were a period apart (6th period and 7th period). It was fine for me because I knew what to expect of a high school and its routines, plus I already knew so many of the students. I make friends very easily, so I was all set! I was having a blast. I finished my cyber lessons in the morning, then left for high school around 11:45 AM and got home around 2:30 or 3:00 PM. Many times I went on field trips for FFA, which was always a joy, as I always loved field trips back in Elementary school. (My cyberschool offers many field trips, but I have never taken any yet!) But things were going down-hill by the time November came. Oh what happened. I suppose it's because it was the district's first time trying cyberschooling, but it was not a good experience for me (and apparently plenty of other students who signed up for it). We just couldn't take any more of it, so we quit and I was enrolled back to my former cyberschool.
Here we go. Once again, I had to go through a bit of a hardship, as I was missing my friends and the amazing high school experience. However, I brushed it off and got over it fairly quickly lol !!

To this current day (I am in 10th grade), I am still in cyberschool and enjoying every moment :)

No comments:

Post a Comment