Sunday, March 18, 2012

University Plans

I have not chosen a university yet, to pursue my teaching career. I'm 16, so I have some time left to find the one just right for every aspect of my life (^_^)

The courses that I want to take are English, Early Childhood (Elementary level), and maybe Secondary (a little bit above Elementary level) education. To even become a certified teacher, it will be a 4-year course plan, and you need a 4-year degree in order to work in Japan (as a foreigner). I am looking forward to this! That was not sarcasm either lol; I understand the work that is going to go into becoming a teacher, and I am preparing myself for it.

Where will I be located? That I'm not quite sure of yet. I would like to stay in Pennsylvania and attend one of its universities, but I've always wanted to go to California for schooling. California has many more universities and very high rated ones too. Although it would be like a dream to move out to Cali for a university, but at 18, I might as well stay close to friends and family for now. The support and encouragment will be greatly effective during my late nights of study and work lol. Perhaps I could transfer to Cali after a year or two? Who knows! (^_^)

Depending on what university I choose, I may or may not have to live on campus. To be honest, I've always wanted to live on campus if I ever went to a university, so I am willing to go either way. Of course, if the university is too far of a drive, then I will cling to campus life with joy!

I will also have to plan out my approximate graduation date, as I would like to graduate before summer hits. I will explain more about that later in other posts, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment